Glamour Photography Sessions.
- One of The most important things to get right in any photography session is your hair, and if you choose to do a Glamour photography session, then this is crucial for a make or break session. Make your hairdressing appointment as close to your Glamour photography session as possible. A new haircut and colour can make or break how you feel about yourself. One thing that I see too often is women who come in with grey roots. Please, give your photography session a chance by fixing this easy problem. Young women too, if you have blond hair and black roots, fix them before not after the shoot. We have the best professional Hair and Makeup Artist available for your glamour photography session for only $100. I totally recommend that you ask for her when you book in your glamour photography session.
- Choose colours that suit you. Choose the cut of the outfit to suit you. If you’re not sure what works well, please bring in a few different styles and we’ll help you out. Try out your pieces and photograph yourself first. Do you see yourself differently on the photo to how you see yourself in the mirror? Wear clothes that will hide or cover and features you don’t want to be seen. For example, if you don’t like your arms, please don’t wear a sleeveless top. We suggest that you cover up your arms if you don’t like them with a long sleeve blouse, robe etc.
How old is your clothing? Do you need to get rid of dog hair or balling? Is it ironed? Do you have holes in it? Are the patterns to distracting? It’s best to keep clear of patterns anyway, please keep patterns to a minimum. It is also best to wear new clothes to your glamour photography session, it is amazing how a new crisp blouse can look compared to the one you have had for years.
- Whole body. This sounds like I’m stating the obvious, but if you are going to any photography sessions and especially a glamour one, please shave under your arms and your legs. We don’t have shaving equipment for you at our studio. If you are bringing in a male partner, please tell him to shave just before the shoot. You may want him to shave his chest if you are thinking of him going topless.
Tend to your nails, especially fingernails, they can really top off your portraits. Spray tan is another option, just remember not to go too dark or orange and only do it if you do it regularly.
- Of course, if you want the best results for your glamour photography session, you can rely on our professional Hair and makeup artist. She takes out the stress of doing it yourself and she will pick appropriate colours to bring out your features. And to top it off she will apply the essential false eyelashes that really enhance your eyes. If you prefer to do your own makeup, please read my article
Just remember to keep your make up a matt finish as possible because we use studio lights for most of the shoot. If you have oily skin please powder it down and try to use blush and eye makeup without shine.
5. What about shoes? Clean them! Or bring new ones. We don’t always include shoes in a shoot. But if you want to complete the whole package, please bring enclosed stilettos and/or sexy boots. High heels can really enhance your legs and butt, of course, if you only want to do half body glamour, then shoes are not necessary.
6. Please wear appropriate bra and knickers! If your dress needs a strapless bra underneath, please bring it. If you need a helpful tuck for your favourite dress, perhaps wear a body shaper underneath. Do you need a push-up bra? A corset? Think of what will work with your body and clothing. Underpants shouldn’t be seen. Bra straps shouldn’t be seen. If you intend to wear stockings, buy them brand new, do not wear them before the shoot. Can’t get to a shop? Buy online.
7. Talk to your glamour photographer what you wish to get out of the shoot. Tell her your concerns, what you’re worried about and what you love and hate about yourself. If you let your worries be known at the beginning of the shoot then the photographer has ways of working with you to alleviate these issues. The thing is, everyone has something about themselves they are not happy with, and this is not always obvious to anyone else but yourself. For instance, I quite often see really nicely toned women who I think are perfect, but they think their arms are too big, so bring up the concerns and us photographers can work around them.
8. Let the glamour photographer know what music you really love and we can make a playlist for you of all your favourites to put you at ease and to make the whole experience a lot more fun.
9. You are in good hands. Pick a glamour photographer you trust and go with the flow. You may wish to show your glamour photographer examples of photographs you love and that you would be happy to be in. Or if you have an open mind, just trust your glamour photographer to see your beauty and go with it.
10. Have fun! Glamour photography is a special event in your life. You don’t do it every day. Enjoy the experience and reap the rewards.